Please be aware, that due to the largue volume of queries we recieve we cannot respond to all email correspondence.
1 Saunders Street
Pyrmont, NSW 2009
GPO BOX 10, Sydney, NSW 2001
Ph: 02 9650 1010
Fax: 02 9650 1111
Level 4, 620 Chapel Street
South Yarra, VIC 3141
Private Bag 5000, South Yarra, VIC 3141
Ph: 03 9275 1010
Fax: 03 9275 1011
Sir Samuel Griffith Drive
Mt Coot-tha, QLD 4066
GPO BOX 751, Brisbane, QLD 4001
Ph: 07 3214 1010
Fax: 07 3369 3786
80 Hutt Street
Adelaide, SA 5000
Locked Bag 10, Adelaide, SA 5001
Ph: 08 8225 1010
Fax: 08 8225 1011
Perth, WA 6062
PO BOX 10, Mirrabooka, WA 6941
Ph: 08 9345 1010
Fax: 08 9344 8076
The Commercial Television Industry Code of Practice (Code) regulates program content on commercial free-to-air television, including:
- program classification;
- accuracy, fairness and respect for privacy in news and current affairs
- amount of non-program matter on television; and
- placement of commercials and program promotions.
We value audience feedback as an important way of keeping in touch with community opinion. If your feedback concerns a programming matter not covered by the Code, such as general scheduling queries or complaints, you should contact your nearest TEN station directly.
The Code sets out a formal complaints process for matters covered by the Code. If you would like more information about the complaints process you can obtain a copy of the Code by downloading it from Free TV's website or by writing to Free TV Australia, 44 Avenue Road, Mosman, NSW 2088.
If you believe a broadcast is contrary to the Code you should contact your nearest TEN station no later than 30 days after the broadcast. If you wish the station to formally reply to your complaint, please follow the instructions below:
1. Write a letter or print and complete a Code Complaint Form (Click to download) form identifying the material broadcast (including the date of broadcast), the nature of your complaint and your contact details. Send (by post or fax) your letter of complaint or completed Code Complaint Form to your nearest TEN station; OR
2. Visit Free TV Australia http://www.freetv.com.au/ and complete an online complaint form, including the information outlined above. This complaint will be forwarded to the relevant TEN station for response.
If you are posting a complaint to a station, you may wish to send it registered mail, in order to ensure the station receives it.
TEN will provide a substantive written response to your written or online complaint about matters covered by the Code. If you are not satisfied with TEN's response, you may refer the matter to the Australian Communications and Media Authority.
Complaints about the content of commercials, rather than their placement, should be referred to the Advertising Standards Board.
N.B: If you live outside a metropolitan area, your nearest TEN station may be a regional affiliate of TEN in which case you should direct your complaint to your local regional office of TEN and not one of the capital city stations listed above.
Regional NSW, QLD, VIC and SA and the ACT, NT and TAS
Southern Cross Media
Private Bag 10,
Dickson, ACT 2602
Ph: 02 6242 2400
Fax: 02 6242 2461
Ph: 02 6242 2400
Regional WA WIN Television
Television Avenue, Mt St Thomas, NSW 2500
Locked Bag 8800, Wollongong, NSW 2500
Ph: 02 4223 4199
Fax: 02 4227 3682